Increase your visibility at the Balkan Business Analysis Conference by becoming an event speaker or trainer. Share and showcase your expertise in Business Analysis.
The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) – Chapter Slovenia is calling for speakers to apply to the 4th Balkan Business Analysis Conference to be held in Nova Gorica, Slovenia in May 2018.
The Balkan Business Analysis Conference is an annual international event for business analysts and the largest professional forum of its kind in Eastern Europe. Its primary goal is to provide opportunities for experts to share best practice experience and expertise with other professionals in the field of Business Analysis. The event is a joint effort initiative of four IIBA Chapters – Slovenia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania. The conference has now already become a standing tradition and has a growing audience primarily from south-eastern Europe but also drawing visitors from all over the world.
We are currently looking for diverse and wide-ranging conference sessions. The main stream for this year is: Business Analyst as Voice of the Customer / Models and Techniques for Customer’s Desired Outcome. One of our primary aims is to provide balanced delivery across all seminar sessions in terms of style, experience and case study examples. Case studies of companies from Balkan region are given priority. Standard presentation sessions should be approximately 40 minutes in duration while standard workshops should be prepared for 90 or 180 minutes time slots.
The BBA Conference Content Committee looks forward to receiving a proposal for your presentation. Help create a beneficial and informative program, grow your own professional network and gain personal recognition by participating! Submit a proposal to share your future directions, best practices, stories on successful collaborations and/or solutions to community-wide issues. We are seeking dynamic presentations, case studies and provocative points of view from speakers and trainers who can provide information, insights, expertise and best practice experience on topics related to Business Analysis.
It is expected that your proposal be focused, adhere to conference guidelines and offer engaging and informative content.
In the event your initial proposal is approved, we kindly ask that you provide a short ppt presentation that introduces the topic you are proposing to present as well as short references from lectures or workshops you have presented in the past. Once your presentation is received and reviewed, we will send confirmation as to whether you have been selected as a speaker or trainer at this event.
During the period leading up to the conference, your presentation slides will be reviewed and you may be asked to make changes in order to ensure that content is of good standard. The BBA Conference Content Committee shall provide ongoing support and advice to all selected speakers.
While is it not obligatory that you are a professional presenter or trainer, it is expected that you have sufficient time to prepare, review and rehearse your presentation prior to the start of the conference. The BBA Conference Content Committee will work with the selected speakers throughout the session development process to ensure that your queries are answered and your concerns met.
If you know of anyone who has a relevant, interesting and/or informative experience to share, we would be pleased if you would encourage him/her to apply to this event.
The Conference Theme
Business Analyst as Voice of the Customer / Models and Techniques for Customer’s Desired Outcome
The “voice of the customer” is a process that is used to capture the requirements/feedback from the customer (internal or external) in order to provide the customer with the best in-class service/product quality. This process is all about being proactive and constantly innovative to capture the changing needs and requirements of customers in a timely manner.
To compete in providing the best possible ‘customer experience’, companies must consistently deliver a better experience. To do that, they must understand the experience they are delivering today and how it compares with the experience the customer actually wants. This is why voice-of-the-customer (VoC) programs are such a priority for so many businesses – the ability to listen to your customer is crucial to your ability to successfully compete in the ‘customer experience’.
Topics we are search for conference presentations include:
- Processes of capturing customer expectations, preferences and aversions
- How companies’ customer experience (CX) efforts have created value for both their customers and their own businesses
- Customer Experience & Voice Of The Customer in practice
- Hyper-personalisation at every touch point
- Turning customer data into action
- Mapping the customer journey
- Customer experience strategy
- Customer at the Heart of Your Processes
- Customer at the Heart of Your Requirements
- Marketing in the Customer Experience
- Best Practices to Build a Better Customer Experience
- Techniques that produce a detailed set of customer wants and needs, organized into a hierarchical structure and prioritized in terms of relative importance and satisfaction
- Customer feedback on their experiences with and expectations of your products and/or services
- How to connect and engage with customers
- Providing a 360-degree view of the customer
Speaker and Trainer Guidelines
The following guidelines set the requirements for speakers and trainers at the 2018 Balkan Business Analysis Conference. Please read them carefully prior to making your submission. The deadline to submit a proposal is the 26th of February 2018.
Several factors will be taken into consideration when making selections with the primary goal of providing a diverse and balanced program. A shortlist of the most promising abstracts will be discussed by the BBA Conference Content Committee for review before final decisions are made.
For the first stage of the selection process, please use the Submission Form to submit an abstract that describes the content of your proposed presentation or workshop. Submissions should be made directly to the BBA Conference. The following guidelines should be taken into account:
- You may submit more than one abstract.
- Your abstract should be between 120 and 150 words.
- Please include up to three bullet points to underline the ‘takeaway’ message(s) or workshop goal(s).
- Please provide sufficient information to describe the topic you would like to present or provide training on.
- You may present additional information to help us select you as a successful candidate. Please add additional information under the rubric “Other Relevant Information” on the Submission Form.
For your biography, please include a write-up of approximately 100 words that outlines your experience, including the number of years you have been involved in your field of expertise, the types of projects you have been involved in, your primary role in these projects and any other relevant information.
Final approved candidates will be listed in the conference brochure and on the conference website. Speaker biographies will be published on the conference website.
Succeeding in the Selection Process
Here are some helpful tips on what to include and what to avoid when preparing your submission:
- Ensure that the proposed topic and content is relevant to the main theme of the conference.
- Be clear and specific on what you would like to address and how the audience will benefit.
- Use real-world examples of business analysis work/experience to attract the conference attendees and to provide relevant examples.
- Inspire the audience with fresh insights and ideas.
- Preparing and submitting a presentation proposal that is a means of selling products, services or an organization.
- Covering too much information that may exceed the limited time frame of the presentation
- Using vague abstractions and jargon.
Case studies of companies from Balkan region are given priority.
Should you have any questions about submitting a presentation proposal, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
You will be notified on whether your submission has been shortlisted on the 9th of March 2018.
Thank you for your interest in the 4th Balkan Business Analysis Conference and on your decision to submit a proposal. We welcome your participation at this event!