How BA can close the strategy – execution gap
Business stakeholders want projects to deliver fast. They often come to the project team with a clear view of the solution, expecting a quick start and not leaving much room or time for challenging and proposing alternatives. However, this mindset carries with it an important risk: blindly building the proposed solution does not guarantee business value.
People in a BA role (like business analysts and architects, but also product managers, process owners, customer journey managers, and so on) often have the analytical skills and corporate overview to put the proposed solution in perspective and identify potential pitfalls hindering the proposed solution from delivering value. More importantly, they usually are well-positioned in the organisation to connect the dots between the stakeholder’s goals and the solution implementation.
In this session, Filip will present three key aspects of value creation by this BA role, effectively helping the BA make the shift from solution implementation to lean strategy execution:
- Pin down goals: When will the project be considered successful?
- Expose enablers: How will the proposed solution help achieve these goals?
- Identify and validate hypotheses: Are we really sure the proposed solution is the right one?
- How to link goals and solutions using benefit maps
- How to get stakeholders to see the value of alternatives
- I will be sharing practical tips & techniques attendees can use in their own work